I created a Replacement for (thick) graham cracker crust!!:
(First attempt - it was yummy! - I also had a few Tbls of arrowroot powder, but I did not include that here as it appears to be unnecessary)
1 1/3 C (sprouted) whole grain flour (I imagine nuts would be good too as this is similiar to the curd crust)1 1/3 C shredded unsweetened coconut2/3 C brown sugar, sucanat, rapadura, (honey?)2/3 C butter, room tempbit of saltdon't add sugar/sweetener if coconut is sweetened.Mix, thoroughly and mash into bottom and sides of pan.I then baked/broiled (super hot + top heat) mine for about four minutes until it started to fluff up and just barely start to show spots of turning golden brown. This could be done while the oven is preheating.
Pour filling in and bake as filling recipe requires.(I did put a cookie sheet of water on the rack below the pan to help insure the bottom did not burn,
but I was being careful since this was an experiment but I didn't want my whole cheesecake ruined.
-- I have a convection fan in my conventional oven)
The cheesecake recipe follows and the two together is fantastically yummy; great textures too!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting and for leaving a comment! We'd love to hear from you; any comments, questions, and suggestions you'd like to share are welcome!