Biodynamic farming and gardening. Primary source Links at bottom of post.

In researching Biodynamic this week, I think that I understand better the parts that I had been confused about before and see a bit of what else there is.  As of now, biodynamic is not my end goal.   Rather, a holistic, moon and cosmos-concious, organic-minded, living and breathing balance of high energy productivity and balanced wonderment. 😊 
So, the parts of it I could still implement ,when I do, perhaps biodynamically, when intuitively I find it appropriately needed ...which may even look biodynamic... 🤭Biologically farming for me needs a little more intuitiveness than most people consider which is the part of the concepts of biodynamic I had already in me ...and of which I wanted more of tied into what physical applications of course with an understanding and working knowledge of how
But technically,  biodynamics is just one man's interpretation of the ancients and likely inspiration of how to bring life about.   I will still be looking for methods, intuitiveness, an end goal of crops of high quality....  Show me the numbers has its value and the inspired men that have learned to do instead of just feel can do much of what Steiner theorized that man could not do.  I appreciate that there are people now that are combining these worlds and adding in more variation.... If I don't lose my roots and holistic intuitive then I think inspiration and the search for truth will have results vibrant and sufficient for this waxing world.

  "The seven birches"
(at the Steiner's Goetheanum,  a center of anthroposophy)

I realize that a fully educated biodynamic method is not a not do -- it is still a do.  but.  I think that where the above combination will take me will be a better end goal than where Steiner had finished off in his search for truth and God.  I want a piece of what they know works, but other inspired men have other pieces, and I can be inspired to know what to do in my garden. Thankfully I have a living teaching God.

Sometimes I will not have the time or means to figure out the right missing piece of life or component of a foliar spray.  Sometimes I won't be able to follow the preparations properly.  I want to draw on the ancient cultures and current cultures methods whenever God teaches those truths to me.  Steiner did not know the one and true God the Father in the same way I do. I appreciate that he could progress in his journey learning and increasing knowledge ...which he then shared! I appreciate that he viewed the world and macrocosmic heaven to be one and connected.  I do feel that much is gained, but there is more than one way to 'save our gardens.'  I am sure Steiner was able to continue on his journey to Truth.

This site has a simple and well explained background of biodynamics and how it came to be.
https://www.sektion-landwirtschaft.org/en/basics/biodynamic-agriculture/

these two sites are the  7 lectures which are "all" the basic tenents of biodynamics.  Read the original works and/or decide if you want to purchase them and continue the journey from here.
Perhaps use some of the principles to improve where other systems lack.

https://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA327/English/BDA1958/Ag1958_index.html
https://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA327/English/RSPC1938/Ag1938_index.html
another factor: The language of these lectures are as advanced reading as all his other lectures. It was 100 years ago, he was super smart, it is translated,.... it is not quick and light. Perhaps this is one reason why reading a modern 'take' on it is popular. See my post on foodcompost.blogspot.com for more of my thoughts on biodynamics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and for leaving a comment! We'd love to hear from you; any comments, questions, and suggestions you'd like to share are welcome!