Bun or no bun, we had both, It is a delicious stack of veggies and beef.
- To Raw hamburger (I guess about ~1lb for entire family) in a bowl ADD:
- chopped veggies - the smaller it is chopped (such as in a processor), the better it hides AND helps the patty stay to together. I vary a lot on how much vegetable I have and I prefer chunky because the flavors stand out better :)
- ~1/2+ C = ~half an onion (purple onion is my fav for this)
- ~1/4+ C of zucchini
- ~1/4+ C of cabbage (I like purple for this, but haven't tried the green/white)
- ~1/4+ C of Pepper (a little spicy is yummiest, but what ever you like in salsa)
- garlic
- greens (frozen crushed ones would be easy)
- (if you keep soaked chia around and ready to go!-- add a few scoops -- let me know - I haven't tested this!)
- Salt, spice, peppers:
- salt
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- Chili pepper blend (my blend has chili peppers, cumin, garlic, cloves, allspice)
- turmeric
- seaweed powder/flakes
- Mix all of the meat, veggies, seasonings up with your hands until thoroughly integrated. If needed, add 1-2 eggs. They will help hold the burgers together more as they heat up. If you meat is less than 75% fat, add some coconut oil to moisten and juice up the burgers.
- Shape the meat into patty shapes (you can size them to fit the person - they will shrink as they cook) .....and put on a hot, oiled pan.
- Fry one side in the pan (med to high heat - add palm/coconut oil as needed to help the pan and burgers get along without anything burning) (season the top with more of the same as before - if desired.)
- Turn over when pink is turning to brown up the sides and wrapping around the top a bit. Cook until desired - turning heat up to darken the outside if needed.
- In food processor or with a sharp knife,
- chop an entire bunch+ of cilantro (stems included)
- optional: 'sweet' pepper and and any other veggie you think matches and could be friends such as the cabbage or some green onions. ;)
- chop an entire bunch+ of cilantro (stems included)
- If needed for processor blades/texture,
- add either a bit of oil, salsa, or sour cream.
- On plates,
- spread burgers with salsa and sour cream and a huge pile of the chopped cilantro - tomatoes and/or avocado, - anything compatible - even chopped mango or shrimp that you happen to have laying around would be yummy. ;)
- spread burgers with salsa and sour cream and a huge pile of the chopped cilantro - tomatoes and/or avocado, - anything compatible - even chopped mango or shrimp that you happen to have laying around would be yummy. ;)
- Serve with a "salad" of any leftover vegetables - possibly tossed with beans or as a 'seven layer' style.
- Fermented salsa (benefits: made yourself, raw, enzymes, flora/probiotic, Vit K2, increased vitamins,... )
A note on cilantro:Have a casual taste testing of cilantro with all family members: some individuals think it tastes like soap! As I recall, this is likely because they are missing an enzyme to taste it properly. However I believe that that may be something those same people would benefit from force feeding it to themselves? Why? because fresh cilantro has an amazing and very unusual ability to remove heavy metals even from the Nervous system of the body (as of when book was published,.. there isn't even a drug discovered yet that can do this). I am of the belief that occasionally, the very plant that will help us the most is difficult for some of the same reasons. See what I'm saying? they might need to eat it until it doesn't taste like soap anymore!? So 1Tbl+ whenever you can for successful results.
(I admit I have not actually tested the cilantro in my personal processor, but I think it is a better alternative than trying to chew long stringy stems that don't bite well off a bite, as I was short on time today and just piled them on top.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting and for leaving a comment! We'd love to hear from you; any comments, questions, and suggestions you'd like to share are welcome!