except
upgrade the ingredients to a healthier version:
- whole grain sprouted flour (soak, no more tails than a tiny nub (pH) or they'll be fluffy, dehydrate, then grind)
- sucanat/rapadura (reduce by a 1/3 C)
- palm shortening
- Add 1-2 Tbl water to make up for the whole grain (too much will make them spread and get grainy).
- I like a little molasses, but it's just a preference.
- Chilling the dough is a definite plus especially until the next day (but let it sit so you don't break/bend you spoon)
- I always seperate out some dough so that at least mine are chocolate free - I've got my amino acids so I don't even feel the addictive draw!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting and for leaving a comment! We'd love to hear from you; any comments, questions, and suggestions you'd like to share are welcome!